Tuesday 8 May 2007

Research oh research

I am planning to pursue my study next September at Newcastle University,UK.Well hello the geordies!People call newcsatle people the geordie...why...don't ask me...have no idea bout it.I heard that the geordies are very friendly.
So I will do MSc in Mechanical Engineering.The first 9 months will probably full with classes, assignments and exams.The next 3 months is where I need to complete a research and a dissertation.
As currently I am at University Science Malaysia attending Research Methodology Course, I already started to think about the research that I will be doing in this near future.I will probably focusing my research broadly at first(during MSc) and will probably make it more specific during my PhD.(upon completing my MSc successfully)
Gosh...the air condition of this CC is conducing me to sleep..hehe.OK back to the research thing, I heard that during PhD,people usually take about 1 and a half year to only making a research proposal.I remember during my undergraduate days(aaa....quite a fond memories),I took about a week or something to come out with the proposal...so....wow.....imagine how I feel when I heard that it took that much of time to complete a research proposal for PhD.
Lecturer here also reminded all the course attendees that doing PhD is not a fun thing or something that is enjoyable.I do believes so.How much do lo like to research for fun?If it is a science camp or 2 hours a week lab classes...maybe we could find it fun(although I think most of people hates lab class...me...its a mix feeling)The lecturer also said many sacrifice are needed,and your love ones need to understand your situation.....well that point I don't worry too much as I believe my loves one do understand my choice.Luv you honey!!
But as I already set my mind...choosing lecturer as my destined profession....I will face them all...one by one...day by day....with Allah willing and blessing and supports from my love ones,I do believe I can do it.
So BRING IN ON!!!....

No comments: