Tuesday 19 June 2007

Bahasa Melayu or Bahasa Malaysia?

Firstly, this is not a racist taught. It is an expression of how I love the origin of my self, my root, my race.This is only my free speech and I believe that I am entitled for such luxury.
I guess many of us aware that recently our ministry department declared that Bahasa Melayu is no longer Bahasa Melayu. It has been changed(yup...again..) to Bahasa Malaysia. This is for the unity purpose, so that as a Malaysia Nation, we are united with the Malaysian Language as our National Language....yet the first thing that crossed my tiny little mind is...how long this " Bahasa Malaysia" terminology will last this time?
Previously we already used thus terminology but it do not last. It is just the same with the usage of " Bahasa Baku" where we pronounce the word exactly as how it is spell.( which remind me of currently in ESPN channel they are telecasting Spelling Bee Competition...why on earth a spelling competition squeezed into ESPN?) It seems like we just keep changing this language related topic every now and then. This unsteady situation, does is resemble our true skin, our actual way of thinking? We are not firm about it. I don't see Chinese Government changing Mandarin, or Cantonese to Chinese Language. I do not see English Language been changed to "International Language" considering the whole world population used it as a language.
My point of view, Language expressed the something. It shows our root. To us Malay Race, what is left for us now? Does Malay has its own language now? If Chinese has their language, Indian has Tamil, even a minor race of Iban or Dayak Race has their own language. But no, now Malay do not has our own language as we used a standard language of "Bahasa Malaysia". It is so sad to think about it, we do not even have our own language anymore. I wonder, what if...what if Mandarin or Tamil is a national language. Do we changed them to Malaysian Language?Poor poor Malay, we don not even have our own language anymore. So now is the language? Whats next? Why not change Malay race to Malayisan Race.
"Bahasa melambangkan Bangsa"....I guess now Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka need to make some changes there...because here in malaysia..."Bahasa melambangkan Bangsa...kecuali untuk MELAYU".
Anyway, I wonder if all, every single person of Malaysian citizen can speak Malay Language soundly...fluently. I highly doubt it.

One other thing, does unity by language actually unite us as a nation? I see Indonesia, as a big country, all people there using Indonesia Language as a national language, yet we hear they always living in fear there. Seems like no unity to me. Who said that using one language which the terminology of the language represent the whole nation as a one country is one element for unity? Is it still relevant in today's life? Do we expect other race in Malaysia will change to be more patriotism after this? Does usage of Malaysia Language will be expand more? How to ensure Malaysia Language will be use by all Malaysia citizen in their daily life? It will be very weird not to use it on daily basis, as it is a national language. It is not like we have other remote location to live.We are here everyday. Somebody out there..please give me all these questions 's answer.

I wonder how long this will stand...we just wait and see...

5 comments:

jazrul said...

bahasa malayu malaysia tu negara

web design

fauzi said...

malaysia tu sebuah negara,melayu tu bahasa

malaysia seo

fauzi said...

bahasa melayu rasanya

fire fighting traning

fauzi said...

lebih kurang je tu
malaysia web design

jazrul said...

kira sama la
malaysia web design